Sunday 12 June 2011

15 Days of Screenshots: Greatest Accomplishment

This post is part of a series for Saz's Through Your Interface screenshot challenge. 

Day 4: Greatest Accomplishment

I've never been at the fore-front of progression raiding so I don't have any of the fancy drakes or even much special gear, so my accomplishments are probably pretty low-key compared to some. I'll share a few with you anyway.

Completing Karazhan
Hells Reapers started out as a levelling guild in mid-Burning Crusade times. It grew to a decent size and once a few of us got to level 70 we started to run heroics together. The transition into raids took a while and a load of work, but with the hard work of a few key people plus the core raiders we completed Karazhan in June 2008. I was the GM at the time and I was so proud of everyone!

This shot is the roof of the Opera, one of my favourite encounters in Kara. What will the show be tonight? Wizard of Oz? Perhaps Romulo and Julianne.. or the dreaded Big Bad Wolf during which most of the raid were sure to perish!



Slaying Malygos
Later, in a different guild and a short while after Wrath had been released, we had started to run Naxxramas. One Saturday morning a group of 10 of us decided to have a crack at Malygos, since one of us had got the key during the week. Five or six hours of wiping later and after about a total of 16 people taking part as people were subbed in and out, we got him down. What made it even better was that we hadn't even realised that getting Maly down would earn us the Champion of the Frozen Wastes title, before many others on the server had it. We wore that title with pride for many weeks, or at least until everyone else had it.



Kingslayers
Much later, and on the other side of the world, a small 10-man raiding guild killed the Lich King in the dying weeks of the expansion. Yes, we had 25% buff and someone with us who had done it before, but I was so proud of my Kingslayer title after that night. I miss my guildies... I wish they would come back from Rift :-/


blog comments powered by Disqus