Saturday 11 September 2010

BA Shared Topic: Mementos


This week's Shared Topic on Blog Azeroth was from Feraltree:
What items or mementos have you kept (in your toon's pack or bank) and why? Whether it be keepsakes, quest rewards, special items, random drops, whatever! - why did you decide to hang on to it? What's its significance to you?
This suggestion has come at a perfect time for me to write about.  My Hordies, being fairly young characters, don't have much in their bank that isn't put there for future usefulness.  My Alliance toons however, are several years old, and my priest in particular has a bank full of random bits and pieces I haven't been able to part with.  Since I just started playing her a bit, I had a rummage through the bank vault to see what I could find.

One of the main sets of items in the bank that I couldn't bare to part with is my Frozen Shadoweave Boots, Shoulders and Robe. These were a labour of love (or a major cash outlay) for any Shadowpriest or Warlock, as soon as they reached level 70 and got their Tailoring up to max level. Being mostly flat broke at level 70 (I only saved up my 5k for epic flying once the Quel'Thalas dailies were available, much later), I did a LOT of grinding to get the mats for this set.

To make all three pieces took 38 Primal Water, 8 Netherweb Spider Silk and 26 Shadowcloth.  At that time, Shadowcloth had a four-day cooldown and could only be made at the Altar of Shadows at Shadowmoon Valley, but as a shadowcloth Tailor I could make two pieces at a time. Each crafting of Shadowcloth required a Primal Shadow and a Primal Fire, as well as the Imbued Netherweave. That's 90 primals. I ground a lot of them, but knowing myself I am fairly sure I bought the last few pieces of cloth and possibly some waters too. I also would have swapped Spellcloth and Mooncloth with other tailors - I am pretty sure it didn't take me the full 52 days that it would have taken if I made all the Shadowcloth myself.

The bags on each of my characters are always full of something or other. Mostly on each of my max level toons there is an offspec set in there, whether heal, dps or PvP. I don't go offspec or do PvP that often, but when I do it's nice to have the gear to hand rather than having to visit a bank.

Then there's the flavour items. I keep a bunch of holiday items in my banks, but there are certain ones that I keep in my bags for the odd moments in raids and so on when a bit of fun is in order. Blossoming Branch, Preserved Holly, Weighted Jack-o'-Lantern... the list goes on.  Other festive stuff ends up in the bank, like Pilgrim's Hat, Purple Brewfest Hat, Red Winter Hat - I seem to have a collection of silly hats!

I always carried around my Orb of the Sin'dorei on my Human priest, and used to turn into a Blood Elf and dance and flirt during raids to annoy my guildie who couldn't get one to drop.

And on Leesah, my Super Simian Sphere is for monkeying about!
blog comments powered by Disqus